Help children learn and grow through a relationship and play-based model! You can make a difference in a child’s life!
Through “DIRFloortime® relationship-based approach, we recognize the importance of supporting the ‘whole child’ and special relationships with parents, siblings, other caregivers, and friends.
Professional Child Development Associates (PCDA) is a non-profit organization that offers a range of services for children and their families when there are any concerns or problems in development, behavior, or social relationships at home, school, or in the community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.A. degree required, with a degree in child development or related field preferred.
- Prefer prior work or personal experience with children who have challenges in development or special needs
- Bilingual language skills highly desirable.
- Desire and physical ability to play on the floor necessary.
- California driver’s license, reliable automobile and current automobile insurance required.
- CA DOJ/FBI criminal clearance, TB clearance, CPR certification required. Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Will consider medical or religion-based exemptions.
- Provide play-based/relationship-based intervention for a caseload of children (birth to 21 years of age), and their families, in various PCDA programs, utilizing DIR/Floortime methodology and strategies.
- Conduct services in a variety of settings including client homes, childcare/school settings, our Pasadena-based office, and the surrounding community
- Complete and maintain client records based on funding source needs.
- Attend and participate in ongoing group and individual supervision to help you succeed and thrive!
- Work collaboratively with Program Supervisors, Program Assistants, and other team members of or multidisciplinary team
Work Hours and Requirement:
- PAID two weeks of supportive full time training
- DI position typically starts as part-time (25 hours/week) and may potentially increase to full-time (36-40 hours/week) if desired.
- PCDA operates Monday-Saturday. Ability to work late afternoons and Saturdays preferred.
- Premium pay depending on second language, Master’s degrees, and/or years of experience.
- Mileage reimbursement and paid sick time. Paid vacation time and holidays for full time staff
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.75 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All staff wear masks in all client-facing interactions
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Pasadena, CA 91101