Carhartt Family Wines
Summary of Position:
The Marketing Manager leads the company in the ideation and execution of all elements related to the marketing of Carhartt Family Wines, its operation, and its products. This role would work under the direction of ownership and the Director of Operations, and collaborate with upper management (Wine Club Manager, Events Manager, and Tasting Room Manager). This position would play a major role in brand strategy and advertisement, as well as taking the lead on all social media and email campaigns, and further develop the best in person and digital experience for our consumers.
An animated passion for wine and the wine industry with a significant drive to learn the details of our business and our products in order to effectively communicate and market them.
- Experience managing digital marketing platforms (Instagram, Meta, TikTok, Google) and a sincere drive to utilize and innovate on those platforms
- Experience with email marketing and campaigns
- Proficient in writing and communication skills with a polished, professional presentation.
- Experience and drive to utilize and innovate with all new forms of technology
- Independently motivated with thoughtful managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external teams to gain consensus and achieve goals.
- Creative, strategic thinker who knows how to use marketing channels and personal communication to gain customer loyalty.
- Ability to understand and respect the values and mission of Carhartt Family Wines and carry them forth through the overall experience.
- Highly accurate, organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to assume additional responsibilities when applicable.
- Ability to anticipate future challenges and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with Carhartt Family Wines’ policies.
- A “hands on” participative management style that leads by example.
- Ability to market and create a brand culture, with the goal of generating departmental profits.
Appreciated Additional Skills:
- Adobe Photoshop
Understand the brand and its growth-focused needs and objectives. Develop a plan to promote brand recognition, consumer growth and retention, and focus on revenue generating strategies.
- Work closely with management team to:
- Market and drive E-Commerce sales
- Market and drive Tasting Room sales
- Market and drive Wine Club Sales and membership growth
- Identify and outline opportunity gaps, competitive activity and consumer-driven insights
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies against sales targets, heavily taking into account the return on investment
- Identify and develop opportunities for partnerships to drive awareness, consideration and growth
- Work with and become proficient in Commerce7 POS in order to view necessary reporting and build promotional material
- Work with and become proficient in Wine Pulse software to understand our company’s unique analytics and create appropriate movement forward.
Social Media Duties:
Play a lead role in the ideation, organization, development and execution of Carhartt Family Wines’ social media strategy and platforms.
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Instagram, Meta, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Community Engagement - interacting with followers via comments, stories etc.
- Monitor inboxes for customer questions
- Create a “Media Schedule” that includes:
- Current and new wine releases, upcoming events, ranch/vineyard/winery life, company, community, wine education and much more!
- Design and work with management and a photographer to schedule and capture necessary assets to support the media and marketing schedule.
Develop and execute targeted email campaigns to effectively inform, sell products, market and grow the wine club. These would often coincide with social media campaigns.
- Topics for email campaigns could include current and new wine releases, upcoming events, ranch/vineyard/winery life, company, community, wine education and much more!
Work closely with the Events Manager to help promote and capture (leading up to and day of) Event marketing material for post-event social and future marketing usage.
Regularly audit and work with website developers to update the website to provide the best user experience to our consumers and membership.
- Manages all content and page updates when necessary.
- Topics include:
- SEO optimized blogs
- Recipe additions and updates
- All compliance policies
- Monitor analytics to ensure to no major issues arise (broken links, long load times, poorly designed customer pathways)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Continuing or formal Wine Education (appreciated but not required) (WSET, CMS)
- Ability and desire to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work on feet for at least 8 hours, lift and carry a case of wine (40 lbs).
- At least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel as required by the job components described above.
Medical/dental insurance, six paid holidays per year, 80 hrs paid vacation per year, 40 hrs paid sick time per year, 401K plan with employer match, cell phone allowance.