Harvest Cellar Intern (Kosta Browne)
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company. We were established in 1976 by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn. Today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark.
Kosta Browne Winery seeks to employ a strong team of cellar interns for the upcoming 2023 harvest. We strive to make some of the greatest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the world, while providing a safe, educational and enjoyable work environment. Kosta Browne has the honor of sourcing fruit from the most highly acclaimed vineyards in California and we take great pride in delivering exceedingly sought-after wines.
What we will ask you to do:
· Grape receiving and processing activities.
· Additions to wines/musts.
· Cap management practices (punch-downs, pump-overs, foot treading).
· Fermentation monitoring.
· Barrel activities (cleaning, filling/topping)/
· Equipment, tank, and winery sanitation.
· Some filed sampling.
· Forklift driving.
· Other tasks deemed necessary will vary depending on daily needs.
What you will need:
· Must have a positive attitude.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
· Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements.
· Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
· Effective communication skills.
· Good reading, writing, and math skills.
· Ability to life up to 42 lbs.
· Ability work in various temperatures.
· Fluent in English or as a second language required.
· Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record preferred.
· Internship dates vary but typically start in July.
What we will provide:
· The hourly range for this position is $19 - $22/hr. (DOE).
· Discounts on wine and merchandise.
· A diverse team of coworkers that care about each other in a fun, exciting work environment.
· A company that promotes from within and provides great training and development opportunities.