Summer 2023 Civil Engineering Intern
Our mission is our passion: We exist to develop people that enhance our communities. We strive to enrich our team culture, build quality relationships, and provide responsive service with a team-centered approach. NorthStar, a well-established and growing Chico, California company offers multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, planning and environmental consulting services. Our team is close-knit and works together to provide a high-quality customer experience while taking a collaborative approach to finding amazing solutions.
We are looking for a Civil Engineering Intern to join the NorthStar team for the summer of 2023. If you have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others throughout a company and want to work with awesome people in a strong company that puts people first than this could be your next opportunity!
NorthStar is looking for a Civil Engineering Intern to join our Internship Program this Summer. Come be part of an innovative and inspired group of design professionals in a collaborative studio environment with a commitment to quality and client satisfaction. More than just consultants, we are partners with our clients, agencies and the communities we serve - taking ownership of our work, performance, and the success of all our endeavors. We are looking for candidates who are attracted to a values-driven organization that is focused on community engagement, superior client service, and a lifetime of learning.
The Internship Program at NorthStar was built with the intern in mind to:
- Build experience and exposure to problem solving procedures and practices
- Assist team members with projects that allows mentorship opportunities
- Showcase the nature of our industry to our future leaders and provide you with a chance to work on projects that improve the lives of people in the communities in which we live
Candidate must have civil design experience with a variety of commercial and municipal projects and varying levels of plan development, design, and project management responsibilities. Areas of focus include:
- Increased knowledge of the design process as it pertains to a multi-disciplinary firm
- Design assistance including AutoCAD drafting of details, exhibits, and portions of plan sets
- Learning how academic skills translate to the professional world as well as how general office tasks get accomplished
- Project research and other duties as assigned
What you must have to apply:
- 4th or 5th year student currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering program
- Familiarity in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Positive and personable attitude
- Attentive listener with a desire to learn from hands-on experience
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Possession of valid California Driver’s License and clear DMV Report
This internship is a paid full-time, temporary position during the summer of 2023 in our Chico, CA office.
- Pay Rate – $20.00 to $22.00 per hour, based on college level and relevant experience
Equal Opportunity Employer