Junior Civil Engineer
Are you ready to love where you live, where you work and who you work with?
Are you dreaming of designing buildings that help define a community and a way of life?
Are you longing to work with a team of people who are as passionate about their work and community as you are?
Are you imagining a multi-disciplinary firm where your skills work in concert with other disciplines and daily conversation is the norm?
Welcome to NorthStar.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers, surveyors, and planners who have been serving Northern California communities for almost 40 years. We honestly love what we do, who we do it with, and where we do it. We work in a welcoming community that offers culture, art, incredible outdoor adventures, and easy driving access to epic weekend destinations.
We hire brilliant professionals who are excellent at their craft and align well with our mission and values. We have worked hard to define our culture so that who we are and how we approach our work is crystal clear.
Our mission is our passion: We Exist to Develop People Who Enhance Our Communities. Our core values are Learning, Ownership and Teamcentric, and these sum up how we “show up” for our clients and each other. For us, these aren’t just words on a piece of paper, they are what we live into as a team and aspire to daily.
Are you our next team member?
- Fulfilling Projects - NorthStar is proud to partner with both public and private sector clients. We have done work for a range of clients in multiple industries: City and County Agencies, Construction Companies, Schools, Native American Tribes, Non-profit Organizations, Health Care Entities, Utility Companies, Local Developers, and Small Businesses.
- Hybrid Telework - Join us in Chico, CA and telework a couple of days a week.
- Time for Life - We are as passionate about enjoying life as we are about the great work we do. We show up for our team and our clients Monday through Friday and 40 hours is a typical week.
Life in Chico:
Why do we love Chico so much? Glad you asked! Just 90 minutes north of Sacramento, and three hours from San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and the North Coast, Chico is a welcoming town with a vibrant community that has become a regional center for recreation, business, the arts, and cultural activity. The CSU Chico campus brings diversity and liveliness to our downtown with its farmer’s markets, restaurants, and live music. Within our 11- mile historic Bidwell Park and around Chico, there are abundant outdoor recreational opportunities including hiking, disc golf, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, swimming, star gazing, etc.
If you are inspired by our mission and values, we look forward to sharing all that NorthStar and Chico, CA have to offer.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Drafting in AutoCAD-Civil 3D will be a primary responsibility during the first year
- Assist through all phases of civil design projects, including, but not limited to, grading, storm drain design, site layout, correspondence with agencies, plan checkers, contractors, and clients
- Work with in-house team in preparation of plan documents
- Prepare applications and documents
- Research proposed construction techniques, materials, products, and details.
- Job site visitations
- In coordination with in-house experts, prepare erosion control plans and documents, including SWPPP
What you must have to apply:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification within 6 months of employment
- Possession of valid Driver’s License and clear DMV Report
What we prefer you have:
- Design experience in AutoCAD-Civil 3D
- Desire to learn, accept direction, and be mentored
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Ability to provide details on a minimum of 2 college projects that you have completed
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
Compensation and Benefits:
NorthStar offers competitive pay and a full range of employee benefits:
- Pay Rate – $30.12 to $38.46 per hour, based on relevant experience
- Medical Insurance - up to 100% paid by NorthStar
- Dental Insurance - 100% paid by NorthStar
- Vision Insurance - 100% paid by NorthStar
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) with 100% matching up to 4% of salary, 100% vesting immediately
- 8 days paid holidays
- Licensure/Certification reimbursement of costs
- Bi-annual profit-sharing bonus
- Relocation reimbursement
Valued member of a collaborative team with a voice in a growing Civil Engineering department
Equal Opportunity Employer