Information Experience / Technical Communication intern
Information Experience / Technical Communication intern
UNITED STATES - SAN MATEO, CA /STUDENTS & GRADUATES /INTERN/ ON-SITE
Are you excited about learning new technologies? Do you like to experiment and figure out how something works? Do you enjoy creating content and making complex information clear, accessible, and easily understandable? If yes, then this might be the internship for you. Guidewire is seeking highly motivated candidates to join us in pushing the boundaries of content design and delivery.
You will be joining a talented and committed team composed of technical writers, UX writers, information architects, and software developers who are passionate about innovation and customer success. Your mentor and team will support your professional growth and development as you learn new skills and advance your career.
About the team
The Information Experience team creates and publishes content that helps our users successfully deploy, customize, and use Guidewire applications. Our audience includes business analysts, technical consultants, designers, and programmers. We are passionate about customer success. We seek to deliver the best information experience for our users by providing them with the right information, when and where they need it.
As an intern on the Information Experience team at Guidewire, you will:
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to build great information experiences that empower our users.
- Create and edit online and in-product content that spans a variety of audiences and products.
- Experiment with creating and publishing content in innovative formats.
- Learn how to work in an Agile docs-as-code environment and use a variety of software tools.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program in English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or a related field
- Attention to detail and passion for creating quality content
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working cross-functionally and with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and initiative
- Passion for learning new technologies and solving hard problems
Preferably, you also have the following skills and interests:
- Creating content in various formats such as articles, blogs, videos, and multimedia (we’d love to see samples)
- Analytics and data visualization
- Programming, frontend development, scripting
What we offer you
- An open, collaborative, and supportive work environment
- Peers who are dedicated to creating high-quality, user-centered content
- Opportunities to drive and take part in initiatives to improve the information experience for our users
- Freedom to experiment, innovate, and learn new technologies
The US base hourly range is $36-$45. Our hourly ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for interns for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.