Summer Intern - Engineering Sustainability Office
What You’ll Do
Join us our journey to lead an Inclusive Future for All. The Sustainability Development office is responsible for embedding sustainability into our products, offers and solutions. Working across every function of the business to develop and create integrated capabilities that will serve as a foundation to incubate and scale sustainability. By building out an overall practice across Engineering, not only is Cisco working on its own goals towards Net Zero by 2040, but also helping our customers and partners across industries and around the world on their own journey to Net Zero.
Who You’ll Work With
- Engineering Sustainability Office as a center of excellence across all of engineering
- Product development and engineering teams to define customer requirements, create a shared sustainable solutions roadmap
- Chief Sustainability Office and government affairs alignment on reporting, regulatory and compliance practices
- Marketing and communications leaders to drive messaging and market thought leadership for Cisco's sustainable solutions and create compelling content that can be activated through the field
- Supply chain to interlock product design and development with our Circular Economy strategies
Who You Are
You are passionate about the role technology has in our commitment for a more sustainable future. You will be given a specific project to lead and drive as well as included as a supporting member of very cross-functional projects and programs to drive sustainability into the products and solutions of Cisco’s portfolio. Proven success in a project coordination role, with a nimble business mind, focused on bringing strategy to execution. You are comfortable working in an agile, start-up environment and to collaborate across multiple disciplines. You have a track record of delivering results and helping to evangelize and foster transformation.
The Impact You Will Have
· Support the strategic blueprint to prioritize seller, customer, and partner demands and develop an associated sustainability solutions roadmap
· Evaluate Energy Management and Product Carbon Footprint for the Cisco portfolio
· Support coordinated execution across engineering and GTM teams to productize priority solutions
· Participate in various workstreams within the Technical Advisory Group and Product Management Portfolio
· Develop product and solution sustainability metrics and identify data needed to support the measurement of progress
· Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, influencing a shared prioritization and investment roadmap
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new salaries in the U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certification, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the fill salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about the compensation for the role in the location during the hiring process.