Sustainability Internship at Once Upon A Farm (Reomote)
Who You Are:
You are someone with a passion to leverage business as a force for good, who applies a lens of both optimism and constructive critique to sustainable business. You are an independent, self-starter who takes initiative but also doesn’t hesitate to ask for help when needed. You’ve had prior exposure to consumer-packaged goods companies either through work or studies and bring curiosity and dedication to all you do.
The Task At Hand:
Knowing that “you can’t manage what you don’t measure,” we are actively conducting baseline assessments of sustainability metrics most material to our company. This internship will support baselining efforts (specifically for packaging and GHG emissions) followed by cross-functional goal-setting informed by this baseline data.
In This Role, You Will:
• Create a baseline framework and collect data for consumer unit Packaging across our portfolio. Utilize external sustainability packaging frameworks (Plastic IQ, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, CA SB 54, etc) to inform our goals and strategy
• Support completion for our first GHG Inventory using an estimator tool we have commissioned
• Conduct assessments of available ESG tools on the market
• Other tasks as assigned: we are a fast-growing emerging brand; being flexible and willing to adapt as needed is a must
• Currently enrolled in graduate school studying Business, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, or other relevant topics
• Experience and comfortability working in spreadsheets and with large data sets
• General knowledge of sustainability attributes and trade-offs in CPG packaging
• General knowledge of carbon accounting frameworks and methods
• Detail oriented
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Slack, and other professional platforms
• Up to 10% travel required: Although this role is a remote work-from-home position, we “Farmers” do meet as a company and/or as a department a few times a year. Anticipate possible travel up to a few times each quarter
• Genuinely passionate about improving childhood nutrition for a healthier and happier planet
• Desire to contribute to a dynamic high-growth, purpose-driven work environment
• Must reside in the United States to be considered for this position
Duration and Compensation:
• $22.00 per hour
• Internship will run from mid-May to the end of December, with more hours during the summer and fewer during the fall (to accommodate your school schedule during the fall semester).
o Summer 10-12 weeks, up to but no more than 30 hours per week
o Fall 14-16 weeks, up to 16 hours per week
• Employee Discounts
• Cell and Internet Stipend
• And so much more!
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Drive improvement in childhood nutrition for a healthier happier plant.
Our Business: At Once Upon a Farm, a better story starts here. We're on a greater mission in providing organic, crave-worthy, snacks and meals for children of all ages. Our recipes are crafted with only the best organic ingredients – whole fruits and veggies picked, then cold-pressed (our pouches) or freshly frozen (our meals) to perfection– to support your growing kids at every stage. Each of our organic, non-GMO, non-dairy recipes contain no added sugar and are free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives – just simple, real, nutritious snacks your entire family will love.
We support and champion farmers who supply the highest-quality organic ingredients for our foods. We help parents keep their promise to provide the best nourishment for their children’s bodies and souls. We treat our consumers, customers, suppliers, investors, and all our valued employees with the same high level of dignity and respect that we expect from others. We will always fight for and support efforts to drive positive social change and food justice for the benefit of parents, kids, and families. Lastly, we foster an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture that values humility, honesty, passion, positive social impact, and fun.
Our Team: We’re all fully remote, which makes us a highly collaborative, dynamic, and supportive bunch. We share a singular mission to make the world a better place through the highest quality, most delicious, nourishing, and nutritious products made accessible to every home, from our farms to your fridge. And while we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in one another's success.
Once Upon A Farm is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who are genuinely passionate about improving childhood nutrition for a healthier and happier planet. Bring your whole self to your work at Once Upon A farm, a proud equal-opportunity employer. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use.
In an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process, we ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume (like profile photos) before you upload it. Once Upon A farm is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Once Upon a Farm, PBC, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.