Internship Program - Southern California 2023
Walsh is currently seeking Interns for our Southern California Region.
Our internship program will prepare you for leadership positions both on and off the jobsite. Our program allows you to travel across the United States and through operational divisions to gain hands-on experience in project engineering and field management. We carefully match you with positions related to your academic and career goals, setting you up for the right career path after graduation. Our interns work on jobsites or in the office helping with pursuits in our estimating and preconstruction departments.
Interns will learn about multiple career paths in our company and will be trained to become full-time project engineers after college graduation. A few examples of the duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting project manager or field supervision staff with project coordination
- Writing RFIs, submittals, and assisting in change orders
- Soliciting bidders and coordinate subcontractor activity
- Scheduling of various contracts and materials
- Document control
- Safety management
- Quantity take-offs
- Participation in team meetings
We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
- Seeking a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- The ability to work a 12-week work schedule is preferred
- Specific roles may require relocation
Intern Benefits Include:
- Medical Insurance
- Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups
- Access to training and development programs
- LEED GA certification reimbursement and OSHA 10 trainings
- Appreciation events, networking opportunities and company merchandise
If hired by The Walsh Group, you must be in compliance with your employment location’s COVID-19
related requirements, if any.
The Walsh Group, Ltd. Is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified applicants with disabilities to compete for jobs. To request a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 312-563-5905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/ Veteran