Intern Staff Engineer
Farrell is seeking an intern for Staff Engineer. This is an internship position providing training and exposure to Staff Engineer that is open to full time employment. This job description shows the full-time scope for the work of Staff Engineer.
This is an exciting and challenging job opportunity in the growing deep foundations and shoring
industry. Farrell works with leading General Contractors, Geotechnical and Structural Engineers, and Developers, which will expose you to complex and award-winning projects in San Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, and Las Vegas.
1) Prepares and reviews submittals and construction documents. Performs designs, calculations,
submittals, including contract documents and general engineering correspondence. Reviews final
submittals with stamping engineer.
2) Manages projects start to finish with minimal oversight or direction within bid budget and
3) Performs structural load takeoffs, mat design analysis, pile design analysis, and foundation
concrete calculations. Perform foundation strength, settlement, and capacity calculations. May
perform occasional AutoCAD drafting for design and analysis.
4) Provide Engineering assistance to Field Operations on deep foundation, ground improvement,
and shoring projects.
5) Utilizes, reviews, and keeps up to date technical expertise and knowledge to commonly-used
concepts, practices and procedures, and code requirements.
6) Create and use spreadsheet tools for engineering data analysis.
7) Attends and participates in professional meetings (SEAOC, ACI, DFI, CAL-GEO, SFGI).
8) Takes initiative to learn software programs.