Editorial Intern - Summer 2023
Pixar offers an exciting internship program intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our animated film production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to experience firsthand “The day in the life of a Pixar Editor."
Through our 12-week internship, editorial interns work in collaboration with the Editing Department to do the following:
- Gain knowledge about our editorial process and the entire production pipeline.
- Work closely with our editors to learn consistency, versatility and speed throughout the editorial process.
- Using Avid Film Composer, your editing knowledge will be improved and challenged as you work with mentors to review sequences and update reels.
- Provide various levels of organizational, operational and technical support to the production.
- You have advanced capabilities using Avid Film Composer, which is required; Final Cut Pro experiences preferred
- You are a highly motivated individual who is mature and eager to be part of the Pixar team
- You are someone who possesses excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are enjoy taking initiative and working independently as much as working with a team
- You have a positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professional integrity
- You love working quickly and collaboratively while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between May – Sept 2023
- You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
- You are minimally a junior in college working towards a degree or certificate that supports your interest in filmmaking with a particular emphasis in editing.
- Recent grads who are within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
- Career Transition: Those with a minimum of 5 years post-college graduation and whose professional experiences in a work/academic environment differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming, and other computer graphics-focused industries
- Armed Forces: Those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
- Home Schooled: Those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission Process and Application Materials (Please Read Carefully):
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter and your resume. Details are meaningful in editorial -- both are required to have your application reviewed
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 12, 2023
The pay rate for this internship in Emeryville is $21.20 per hour.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know our storytelling is at its best when we include, celebrate and embrace difference. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Pixar participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. | Follow us on Twitter @PixarRecruiting.