Summer 2023 Construction Intern
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Construction Intern for their Construction Department. The right candidate will assist the Construction Manager and Superintendents with the management of all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction, including but not limited to scheduling and supervising job site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Construction Manager and Superintendents with scheduling and on-site supervision
- Help to ensure on-site safety as well as compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Learn how to estimate costs, solicit bids, create schedules, etc.
- Explore other areas of interest to learn more about the general operations of the division both within and outside of the assigned department that will be supplemental to the learning experience
- Provide basic administrative support, assist other supervisors as directed, and help with special projects as needed
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Able to work overtime
- Able to travel overnight
Education and/or Experience
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and seeking a degree in a related field
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Bilingual preferred
Expected hourly range: $15.50-18
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder where We Build People Too!
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram