Sacramento Program Leader
IMPACT STUDENTS. GROW AS A LEADER. LAUNCH YOUR CAREER.
HELP US CHANGE THE WORLD!
Booster is an elementary school fundraiser on a mission to change the world. Proudly serving over 3,600 schools and 2.3 million students across the nation, we are reinventing the way schools do fundraising. If you love the idea of impacting students, working with an amazing team, thriving in a high-energy environment, and having fun, this job is for you.
Every Booster team member embodies these six virtues:
- GRATITUDE: We express gratitude daily. We live a life of humble optimism thankful for all we have been given to steward.
- WISDOM: We pursue wisdom with a growth mindset. We have a teachable posture and a love of learning. We seek to live holistic lives of integrity seeking wisdom daily.
- CARE: We generously give honoring attention to others. We serve, listen and lead with hospitality. Care means we love our community and they know it and they feel it.
- COURAGE: We live and lead with confidence and bravery. We have hope and a bias for action. We take initiative personally and professionally.
- GRIT: We persevere with resilience knowing that endurance builds character. We take the long view with the right perspective and we love a challenge.
- CELEBRATION: We love to celebrate the value of others. We take great joy in enthusiastically affirming others’ strengths and accomplishments.
THE PROGRAM LEADER ROLE AND WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO BOOSTER:
As a Program Leader, you’re in charge of leading our Boosterthon program on elementary school campuses. You’ll lead a team with excellence, help schools reach their fundraising goals, and positively impact students. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to experience L3, a 10 or 11-month leader development program (time commitment varies by city). L3 is designed to help you learn personal and professional skills, lead at a higher level, and launch your career—either outside or inside of Booster.
HERE’S WHY THIS IS A GREAT CAREER STEP FOR YOU:
Booster is growing at double-digit rates each year. To keep up with that tremendous growth, we’re looking for purpose-driven leaders who are looking to jumpstart their careers and make a difference in the lives of others. Our Program Leader position is a 10 or 11-month work and leader development experience for young professionals who want to do fun, impactful work alongside a community of world-changing leaders. At Booster, we’re a launchpad for future leaders. At the end of the program, whether you apply for growth opportunities within Booster or launch into another organization, we’re committed to investing in your development and helping you succeed!
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Program Leadership - You lead the Boosterthon program on school campuses. You are responsible for all day-to-day program operations, communications, and details to ensure a remarkable experience.
- Event Management - You lead the Pep Rally and Fun Run day experience, oversee team delegation, think through event details, and coordinate logistics.
- Team Leadership - You lead your team on campus to help create remarkable experiences for schools through enthusiasm and excellence.
- Student Engagement - You creatively use resources and daily campus interactions to engage and inspire students. You get to be a role model for kids!
- Effective Communication - You communicate confidently and enthusiastically to positively engage parents, students, and faculty through public speaking and meetings.
- Personal Development - As a participant in the L3 program, you will receive training, a mentor and the support needed to develop as a leader.
- You're a licensed driver with reliable transportation
- You can pass Booster's Background and Motor Vehicle check
- You're able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- You're able to be active and on your feet while on campus for an extended period of time
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Exciting and Engaging Culture: Team events, award ceremonies, epic celebration trips, free lunches, dinners, and more.
- Tech: Macbook and $50 per month cell phone allowance
- Music Subscription: $10 per month for Spotify subscription
- World-Class Leader Development: Participation in L3 program, plus company-wide training events
- Career Development Opportunities: Explore and launch into one of five different career paths
- Insurance Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental, plus potential moving bonus
- Paid Time Off: 10 days
- All major holidays and a 2-week December break
Are you ready to change the world with us? If the answer is yes, this opportunity is for you!