RESEA001252 Research Assistant I
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
The Population Health and Policy Research Group (PHPRG) at the San Francisco VA Medical Center is dedicated conducting rigorous outcomes studies for improving Veteran’s health.
We are seeking a research assistant who will be involved in the implementation of project plans and creatively identifying novel methods for researching study hypothesis. The research assistant will be most heavily involved in conducting health interviews to veterans, reviewing private health information in charts, handling sensitive medical documents and participating in meetings.
· Recruit participants for studies
· Updating patient information and enrollment databases
· Recruit, screen, and manage the healthy control subjects
· Maintain detailed record of work performed
· Conduct interviews with various project participants
· Collect study data and demographic information from subject’s medical records
· Managing research assistant duties
· Managing subject payment
· Additional administrative tasks as assigned
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous work experience
· Attention to detail
· Ability to exercise tact and discretion in handling a variety of confidential material
· Excellent interpersonal, written/ oral communication skills
· Demonstrated knowledge and abilities in recruitment for patients.
· Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of individuals, especially veterans, senior citizens and individuals with memory impairment
· Knowledge of data entry and database management.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
· Prior experience in both clinical and research environments
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for RESEA001252 Research Assistant I.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.