Inorganic Chemistry Analyst
McCampbell Analytical, Inc. (MAI) is a full service environmental analytical laboratory located in Pittsburg, CA (SF Bay Area). MAI specializes in the chemical analysis of soil, air, ground, drinking & waste water samples with a focus on environmental contaminates such as hydrocarbons, pesticides, heavy metals, etc.
We are seeking a full time chemist to join our fast paced team Wet Chemistry Department Monday through Friday. The position available is for an entry level to intermediate (0-3 yr experience) analyst that can be productive, consistent and flexible with hours.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The analyst is responsible for preparing standards, calibration, prep & analyses of samples, and data review.
All analyses are performed with prescribed regulatory methods (EPA/Standard Methods) for the UV Spectrophotometer analyses and the flow segmented analyzer to report samples to clients within specified due dates. The analyst is responsible for making sure that the workflow from sample preparation to sending results into data entry for report generation is done in a timely manner.
The analyst is responsible for testing samples submitted by a client within appropriate hold times for all types of environmental matrices (drinking water, wastewater, soils and other matrices).
- A four-year college degree in chemistry or other closely related science discipline.
- Candidate will have working laboratory experience and basic lab skill set.
- Clear and concise communication with Project Managers.
- Multi-tasking is essential in the lab environment along with attention to detail in completing all tasks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with a Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) database would be preferred.
- Good mechanical & troubleshooting skills are an asset
- Teamwork driven personality with a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
Salary / Benefits:
MAI offers a competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid vacation. Merit-based bonuses may be provided. Salary compensation will be based on experience and discussed onsite as appropriate.