Dairy Software Support Specialist
We’ve got history with the dairy industry. Over 60 years – which is why we’re committed to continuously pioneering new solutions and technology for an industry we care so passionately about.
Farmers all around the world need tools to help provide the very best care to their land and animals. From seed to cheese, we help support those farmers through our herd and feed management solutions, milk recording and analysis, agricultural testing, consulting and more.
For the past 60 years we’ve woken up each day to support those that never stop feeding the world – and we have no plans to quit. We set the standard for farm management solutions and fix our eyes on raising the bar to meet the next generation of expectations.
Whether near or far, large or small, VAS is at the heart of your dairy.
DAIRY SOFTWARE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn't help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform from the feed to the cow to the parlor providing actionable intelligence that allows today's dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem in the US.
The position of Support Specialist is responsible for providing help desk support to customers world-wide. This is a customer service role that is designed to provide high quality support by providing solutions via all VAS proprietary software systems. They will utilize tools to remotely assist customers and provide support by communication and building relationships via telephone, internet, email, and periodic face-to-face meetings with our customers.
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide support when customers call in with technical problems and/or concerns with regards to software and hardware systems
- Communicate via phone, email, and or other approved methods of communication with customers, employees, and/or vendors to resolve customer support requests and for all general business purposes
- Document all customer support calls and communication and apply accurate support time in CRM or other assigned methods of documentation
- Train and educate customers as needed in the use of proprietary software and hardware systems
- Promote VAS proprietary systems with dairymen, veterinarians, instructors, and all other customers when applicable
- Will be responsible for keeping up with all software program changes and updates to ensure that the most current knowledgebase is utilized
- Perform research to find solutions
- Facilitate calls with customers for follow up
- Will be on-call according to schedule
- Periodically test existing and new software versions of programs to ensure programs are working to maximum utilization
- Provide complete and timely feedback for all work to customers
- Provide friendly, cooperate, and courteous service to all customers
- All other duties as assigned
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Dairy Science/Animal Science preferred
- 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar role or equivalent combination education and experience preferred.
- Intermediate skills with the Microsoft products
- Experience with Salesforce or CRM product preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills and capable of meeting deadlines
· Excellent Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time Off Plans
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Accounts
· 401k Plan with generous employer match
· Company paid Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
· Ancillary Benefits Available
· EAP Program
· Casual Work Environment