Visitor Services Associate (Part - Time, Regular)
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking enthusiastic and friendly part-time Visitor Services Associates (VSAs) to assist guests at our Admissions Desk, Giant Screen Theater, and at Museum and exhibit entries. VSAs provide Museum guests an unparalleled customer service experience in a fast-paced, educational, and entertaining environment. The ideal candidates will be comfortable shifting roles and responsibilities throughout the day while continually maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
Areas of responsibilities include:
- Provide consistent and excellent customer service to guests, members, staff, and all other constituents that may come into the Museum.
- Stationed at the Admission Desks providing assistance to guests in person, or over the phone with sales for admission/memberships/programs as well as answering a variety of questions about the Museum and Balboa Park. Desk duties also include upselling memberships, donations, selling programs and surveying guests.
- Stationed at the entrance of exhibitions monitoring capacity, checking tickets, and directing guests (if applicable).
- Stationed at the Museum’s giant-screen theater, assisting guests with seating and sanitizing the theater as needed.
- Other general visitor services duties, including but not limited to: Describing Museum exhibitions with interest and accuracy; monitoring the cleanliness of exhibitions throughout the day; answering incoming phone calls professionally; and, keeping up-to-date on current promotions, programs, and procedures.
- Encourage guests to maintain COVID safety guidelines.
- Friendly personality with a guest-focused attitude and a commitment to creating a welcoming and fun atmosphere for the Museum's visitors.
- Professional demeanor, reliable, punctual, and hardworking.
- A background in customer service, hospitality, or retail with experience in credit card/cash handling and CRM database and/or ticketing software knowledge is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Balboa Park a plus.
- Must be able stand for long periods of time and communicate verbally for the majority of each shift.
- Ability to learn processes, procedures, and information quickly.
In compliance with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s mandatory vaccination policy, the Museum requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations based on medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Weekend, night and holiday availability is desired. The San Diego Natural History Museum is open Friday thru Tuesday, closed Wednesdays and Thursdays as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
This is a part-time, as needed position with limited hours. VSAs enjoy free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
The Position pays $16/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.