Digital Media and Communications Strategy Intern
Do you believe story-telling has the power to change the world? Is social media and digital communication a passion you want to make a career?
Seeking an intern to offer critical communication and digital media support to Raise The Barr. You will work on a range of assignments related to RTB’s ongoing communication needs and have the opportunity to significantly contribute to our ongoing community engagement and development efforts.
The intern will work closely with co-founder Lori Barr. This is a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of an up-and-coming non-profit.
No phone calls please.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication, critical-thinking, and time-management skills.
- Strong storytelling and writing skills..
- Proficient in graphic design using either Canva, Photoshop or other similar programs.
- Background and knowledge in effective social media strategies.
- Some experience working in social and digital media either in previous work-experience, in the classroom, or strong personal social media presence.
- Willing to learn about trauma-informed and strength-based communication
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Squarespace, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
- Experience using Hootsuite and Constant Contact a plus.
- Possess basic video editing skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Write and design content for social media posts, email, and website pages.
- Plan, write, and design email and communication campaigns for various stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the social media calendar based on best practices.
- Update website using Squarespace.
- Research and advise the RTB team on best practices in various types of non-profit digital communication.
- Collaborate with leadership on RTB’s communication strategy.
- Research, explore, and test new ideas to expand digital presence.
- Track, analyze, and report social media engagement data and use data to inform social media content and communications strategy.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Additional responsibilities are available based on your interests.
- Currently enrolled in, or recently completed, a post-secondary program. Best suited to Communication, Journalism, and Marketing majors or any related fields.
- Preference for individuals in MN or CA.
- Graphic design experience.
- Strong interest in learning more about social media trends, best practices, and strategy, especially around successful fundraising.
- Demonstrates dependability and initiative.
- Demonstrates concern for the interests of single-parent students and their families.
- Is able to remain positive, tactful and composed under pressure.
- Must be a team player with a low-ego approach to collaboration.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must value and respect differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance.