Chico State Enterprises, an auxiliary of CSU, Chico, is seeking dependable individuals to assist with the Recreation Site Management – Decommissioning Project, a project sponsored by the USDA Forest Service. The Student Assistants will work closely with the Project Manager or Project Coordinator and participate in various aspects of planning and implementation of field projects. Work occurs mostly outside of the Chico area and often involves overnight camping. Student Assistants may also participate in the daily operation of the Red Bluff Recreation Area.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with small construction and demolition jobs including concrete removal, small building removal, framing, siding, and painting.
- Participate in cross-training for other Recreation Site Management projects.
- Assist with the grounds keeping tasks including, mowing, weed eating, edging, and irrigation operation.
- Assist with shop and storage organization and cleaning.
- Inventory and organize tools, field kits, supplies, and gear.
- No experience is necessary.
- Must successfully complete Defensive Driver’s Training and Campfire permit.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and camp for up to 10 days.