Li Lab - Junior Specialist
Junior Specialist – single cell genomics in Li Lab
The Li Lab at UCSF is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individuals for a full-time junior specialist position. The work will be at the UCSF Parnassus campus. The lab performs single cell experiments and machine learning analysis for large-scale analysis of human tissues. This position is dedicated to high throughput profiling experiments. For more information about our research, please visit our website: https://www.complexdisease.org
Perform high throughput profiling experiments (single cell, whole genome sequencing, etc.) under the direction of the PI and other lab members. The successful candidate will also join our data analysis and deep learning group.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Minimum 6 months of experience working in a biology or biomedical research lab.
• Prior experience in high-throughput sequencing (single cell, RNA-Seq, etc.).
• Ability to maintain comprehensive laboratory notebook of experiments done on a daily basis.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, goal and detail oriented.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
• Willingness to collect and process biological or clinical samples.
• A minimum 6 month commitment is required.
• Candidates must meet the required qualifications at the time of appointment.
• Prior experience in single cell experiments
• Experience working with tissue samples (collection, processing, immunostaining, etc.)
• 1 year commitment or more is preferred.
• Familiarity with automated microscopy and image analysis (human cells)
To apply, please submit a CV, a cover letter describing your qualifications for this position, and contact information for three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03621. For other inquiries, please contact Dr. Jingjing Li at Jingjing.Li@ucsf.edu. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.